Sunday 1 June 2008

It's my birthday...

and I couldn't resist writing a little blog as the sun goes down.

It's been lovely here today. I couldn't hope for better weather or scenery. We did two dives this morning and I got a cheer on the boat. I've just had a manicure and pedicure at one of the numerous salons here. We're heading off for some food on the beach in a bit, or possibly the Irish pub round the corner where some of the dive masters and staff are having a roast dinner! Well, it is a Sunday.

I've received so many lovely birthday messages via email and on facebook. Makes me feel quite emotional! I always feel a bit teary on my birthday anyway. This year I'm trying not to make ultimatums or too many promises to myself about where I am going in life. It's just another day after all and right now I am here on a tropical island with my best friend and doing things I enjoy.
What more could I want?

We're jumping on a boat to Koh Phangan in the morning. It's only an hour or so away. We're not sure what we're going to do there (aside from lounge about on pristine white beaches and hang around for the next full moon party - which let's face it isn't really our thing!) but we reckon it's worth a visit. No dive centres there unfortunately but plenty of these so-called holistic retreat lodges and cooking schools. We'd go to western Thailand if we could but the wet season is kicking in so most of the islands are closed!

Frustrated that the internet is so slow here. Oh the demands of an 80s baby!

No comments: