Saturday 7 June 2008

Paying through the teeth!



Things here are much improved. We got our passports back today although we went to the wrong port at first and panicked about where the hell they were! This island is HUGE and we've drove for miles all the way round the coast to the other harbour. I'm getting better at not digging my fingers in to Ric and crushing him with my thighs but he does like to go fast.

We thought we'd go and look at one of the many waterfalls here as well today. We pulled up at one (the name of which I need to check!) and started walking. Little did we realise it was a 1km trek through jungle to get to the source, and I was wearing flip-flops. My poor battered feet! I must admit though it was an impressive waterfall. Some creature in the trees was making the strangest noises, a bit like a chain-saw.

We've decided not to do the colonic programme at the Spa next door. I've spotted quite a few people in the dining room look a bit pasty, tired and frankly pissed off - that's what happens when you are only allowed to drink carrot and grass juice for 7 days I suppose! We like our food too much.

Instead, we're off to get our teeth whitened. I've heard good things about the dental clinics in Thailand and they are literally everywhere on this island! Oh yes, we're going to look like the Bee Gees. Teeth to match the white sandy beaches. But horror - we can't eat chocolate or drink coffee or coke for two days! What am I going to do? Those are my staples!

Since I wrote the above Ric and I have endured our teeth whitening procedure and oh my Lord I have never been in so much mouth pain in my life! It's excruciating and feels a bit like all my teeth are having their nerves poked and pulled simultaneously. They didn't tell us it would feel like this! No wonder.

What masochists we are. We're not sure whether to eat, sleep, read or go for a dip in the pool. What to do for distraction? Right now I don't think anything will alleviate us!

On the plus side we look like film-stars, only poorer and wearing anguished expressions, for the next day at least.

I want my mummy!

Hello to my new readers too by the way. It's just great to know there are people reading my waffle from time to time!

Attached is a nice shot of the waterall and a less pleasant one of Ric's scuffed arm!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

how did you have your teeth done laser or gel

alex c said...

both gel and lazor. never again. didn't last that long either.