Tuesday 27 May 2008

Shopping frenzy

Gosh- I've suddenly gone a bit crazy and bought a whole load of things here in the markets including a bag, earrings, a bracelet, two dresses, a bikini. In my defence they were dirt-cheap and I kind of, sort of, maybe, need them. It's hard to find things to send to the girls back home. What will survive the journey and what do people actually want?!

After searching high and low and trawling through literally dozens of shopping plazas in various cities, Ric finally found an underwater camera case today, though for my camera not his. They don't seem to stock them for his Sony T100 model any more. We are now wondering whether we'll need a red filter too as this is the colour that gets filtered out the further down you go. It will be fun to be able to photograph our underwater adventures from now on.

It's nearly 7pm here and we're about to embark on a 15 hour bus and boat ride to Koh Tao, an island on the east side of Thailand. It's very picturesque and good for diving, and of course parting. Nothing like as hedonistic as Koh Phangan which is just south of this island.

Neither of us is that excited about the prospect of one of these 'full moon parties' that so many people flock to Thailand for. They sound, erm... interesting. I think I'd feel very old though I suppose I might change my mind by the 18th June! Maybe I should get a tattoo and braid my hair - get in to the swing of things. In the mean time, we've got a brilliant 5 night, 10 dive deal plus food and transfers so we're happy. Our hut is literally on the beach apparently!

I hope we get some sleep tonight. Best stock up on journey snacks...

No comments: