Wednesday 14 May 2008

Farewell Sabah

We're a month in to the trip now although it feels like a lot longer somehow and I think we're beginning to realise the value of 'down time'. All this rushing about and cramming it in takes it's toll, is stressful even, and it's been very pleasant to have a couple of days in KK this week doing as little as possible and independently of each other before we head off to Manila. Jimmy, whose hotel we are staying in took us for dinner again last night. He's a good bloke and seems to have enjoyed our company and I've left him a couple of books. I'm so glad we came here.

As for me and Ric, we've not had any fights yet but it is hard work being in each other's faces 24-7 and I think we both miss the company of our friends and colleagues if only so we have new things to talk about with each other. I am missing people back home.

Oh dear. I sound a bit glum don't I?! I've got a nasty cold and have been experiencing my first bout of travellers sickness (at both ends) which is probably why. No diving for a while me thinks.

I'd love to do some horse riding though.

So on to the Philippines. Looking forward to it.

No comments: