Tuesday 5 August 2008

Still waiting...

Thanks for the notes of encouragement from my readers!

We're still waiting to hear about the flat. Shouldn't be long now. We'll be so upset if we don't get it. The latest news is that my checks are fine (thanks to my dad and uncle for glowing references) but they need more from Ric's accountant.

We haven't done much today except buy up the local supermarket and cook a Mexican dinner for the family.

Either we're getting used to the cold or it's getting warmer.

I have been staring blankly at the dead lizard in the pool. It's been there for a week now.

Watching the telly for any length of time here is a pretty soul destroying experience unless you like sport. So much of it seems to be crappy British exports and budget adverts, though there are some rather good cable film channels. I don't mind at all that we wont have a box when we move in the the flat.

I have an Aussie mobile phone at last! Now I need to get my Medicare and tax numbers. That is, after I have mopped the laundry room floor which flooded this morning with my load in it. 'What's that you say Ric?...Someone left a tissue in with the darks?!'

Lordy day...

No comments: