Wednesday 11 February 2009

Packed up and ready to go!

Here we are at Charlotte's flat after a frantic few days of farewells, packing, sorting out our ridiculous piles of belongings, binning, cleaning and finally shipping and now we're all set to fly to Christchurch tomorrow morning where our New Zealand adventure begins. Pack and Send were great- really efficient and helpful.

Am I ready then? Well, errr, I'm excited to be moving on even if I don't feel ready to leave Sydney and I was sad to leave our poky flat. It has felt like home. I can't wait to see friends and family back in London though and at the moment just feel very grateful that we've not been caught up in the awful fires in Victoria. The tragic and heart wrenching stories just keep on coming.

The terrified Koala who drank from a fireman's water bottle grabbed the nation's attention particularly today - http://www.jucy.co.nz/graphics/vehicles/42.gif

As for me, 42 days in a camper van will be hardship enough. This Jucy 2 Cruiza will be our home as of tomorrow! - http://www.jucy.co.nz/graphics/vehicles/42.gif.

It should be an interesting and indeed life-changing experience. I hope we don't get bored or drive each other insane! Can't wait to see the glaciers, lakes and spectacular landscapes I've heard so much about.

It was very sad to say goodbye to Dad and Cate last night and I regret not spending more time Mittagong while I was out here. But then I'm glad I came at all and did some good work and got to know Sydney so well. I would definitely come back...will have to see how I feel about London in April.

Argh! Can hardly believe we're off tomorrow! I'm a traveler again!

Got to be really strong and not lets the demons bog me down.

Web access is likely to be limited on this trip, so I'll make the most of it - perhaps start reading some books again and write a novel! I'll be starting with The Kite Runner and maybe a Richard Branson biog. Always inquisitive about other people's routes to success, Ric's very partial to his books.

Until the next time...farewell Sydney!

No comments: