Friday 26 December 2008

Christmas in Mittagong




I've just got back from Mittagong where I had a really enjoyable stress-free Christmas Day with my dad, Cate and Sarah. After the busy run-up to Christmas, a couple of days in the country was just what I needed. I love it down there; it's so pretty, un-populated and quiet. It wasn't so hot that we had to turn the air-con on full whack either. Everything was just perfect.

Except me. I wasn't expecting any gifts from Dad and Cate or my mum in London for that matter and didn't get them anything in return, although I did ask what they wanted. Will have to make amends in 2009.

As for food, always a particularly sore point for me at Christmas, everyone was very supportive and didn't force me to eat anything (!) and we had a lovely cold Christmas dinner; delicious salads, some cold roast meat, plum pudding with ice-cream etc. It was my first Aussie Christmas for 21 years! The bulimic urges are still there though.

Boxing Day was spent at my uncle's house in Turramurra with all the cousins. My aunt put on a huge spread; lots of steak was eaten and cold beer drunk. I was even able to use their pool for the first time. It was far too cold back in July when Ric and I first came to Sydney. Have we been here five months already?! It's been so wonderful to reconnect with all the relatives over here and I find my self more and more reluctant to leave.

I do miss my mum though.

No comments: